Sunday 4 November 2012

Products I Regret Buying


Hey guys,

So finally I have some good news my internet is now fully restored and in good working order, about time to. Hopefully now I can get back to blogging regularly.  
So this is a bit of a different post for you today. Normally you read blogs and they all rave about the products they are currently loving and you never get to see any of the products that they didn’t like. So I thought I would share with you products that I was less than impressed with.  


No7 primers: I’ve tried two of no7 primers; the colour calming one and the shine free one. I have to say that I gave these a really fair trial and have used most of both products. I bought the colour calming primer first as I was trying to find a solution to the yellow pigmentation on my face, especially under my eyes. Now I can’t remember exactly how much I paid for the primer but I’m pretty sure that I will have used a five pound of No7 voucher. However I was still really disappointed when this didn’t actually work. Not only did it not ‘calm the colour’ but it made no difference to how long my make-up stayed on either. Saying this I don’t know what possessed me to then go out and by another primer. And again, pretty much straight away, I knew I’d wasted my money. They just don’t work for me, so I will definitely not be conned into buying anymore.

 No7 Exquisite Curl Mascara : Okay so in not completely hating on No7 because I do actually really like some of their products, the nail varnishes in particular. The funny thing is I would actually recommend people try because it actually worked, it left my eyelashes really long and curled. The only thing is I think I must be allergic to it! It made my eyes really itchy and they watered like mad. So I must have only used it two or three times but I just can't bring myself to throw it away!
 
Garnier Summer Body Gradual Tan: This was another product where there wasn't actually anything majorly wrong with it, it was just a bit pants. It didn't really give me any sort of tan but it was really moisturising. Maybe I didn’t give it enough of a fair trial I only used it for a week or so and then I gave it to my mam and she really likes it. The only thing I would say about this product is that, although it doesn’t give you the look of fake tan, it certainly gives you the smell.  
Backcomb in a bottle: Now I’m going to be slightly harsh here but I really have nothing nice to say about this. All it did was make my hair sticky and hard! It was basically just hairspray in a prettier bottle. It was quite expensive as well and I've only used it once so it was a total waste of money.
 
17 Nail Polishes: Now to be fair to this brand their nail polishes are only a couple of pound so you can’t really complain. Now I’m about to complain, you need about 17thousand coats to get any sort of opacity to the colour and when you’ve wasted all your time doing that it then chips straight away.  
I don't normally have a lot of products that I don't like as I tend to a lot of research and read lots of blog posts before I fork out my hard earned cash. I do impulse buy certain products but often I end up really liking them.
 
Have you ever regretted buying anything?


Speak soon
Jessica
x


No comments:

Post a Comment

© All That Glitters. Powered by