Wednesday 4 July 2012

Chanel Splurge

Hey guys,
The other day me and the other half went to the metro centre to get the last bits for our holidays. We needed all the boring things like toothpaste and insect repellent, exciting stuff eh? The one thing I was looking for was a tinted moisturiser to wear on an evening. While I don't want to be smothering my face in my regular foundation, which just happens to be Estée Lauder double wear,  I still feel like I need some sort of coverage. This is why I originally wanted a tinted moisturiser, but it was completely impossible to find one I liked. Every one that i looked at I just wasn't happy with for one reason or another, maybe I'm just fussy. So as I was getting towards the end of my tether and quite frustrated I suddenly had my hallelujah moment. I have read loads of really positive reviews about the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation and have wanted to try it for ages. I remembered that it was water based, as the name would suggest, and people had said it offered a very lightweight feel and minimum coverage. So off I tottered in to boots, got to get those advantage card points!

The lady at the Chanel counter was lovely and matched me up with the correct shade for my skin tone, which is; 30 Beige
When I was talking to her I mentioned that the foundation was to wear while I was on my holidays and she said rather than getting a darker shade of foundation I  should warm the colour up with a bronzer.  As soon as this was mentioned I knew where this conversation was going to go, me spending excessive amounts of money.  However even I must admit that as soon as she showed me how the Soleil Tan De Chanel worked, I was in love and knew I needed this in my life.

Oooh Pretty






I've yet to actually wear either of those products because I wanted to keep them all new and pretty for my holidays, but I have tried them on my hand
The foundation is ideal for what I wanted it for, very light, easily bendable and minimum coverage. Not great if you do prefer a more full coverage which I must admit I normally do. However it is buildable to give you the coverage you need or prefer.

The bronzer is AMAZING, I've already tried a tiny bit of this on the spots would naturally hit on my face and I instantly looked brown and sun kissed.

The only downside to these products is only the price. However when I was in boots if you spent over £50 on any premium beauty brands you received £10 off which I thought was a really good deal.  So instead of being £61 it was £51 which I do know is still a lot of money but it was a treat to my self seeing as how I have been on a bit of a spending ban recently. Which will have to continue now as I'm skint, ha!


What do you think? Do you own any Chanel products? Whats your favourite?

Speak Soon,
Jessica
x


No comments:

Post a Comment

© All That Glitters. Powered by