Friday 18 May 2012

Stila: In The Light Palette

As I mentioned in my previous post I recently purchased the Stila In the Light palette. I didn't talk too much about this as I thoroughly believe that this baby deserves a whole post of its own.
This is the first Stila product that I own, I have been admiring things from this range for so long but I was too anxious to pay money for a brand I had never tried for fear of not liking it. However after I had seen various reviews on this palette I just knew that I had to own it. So I bit the bullet, and I will never look back. I am very excited to start and try other products from Stila.




This Is the one of the only negatives that I have to say about this palette is that I am not overly impressed with the packaging. Whilst I do think it looks cute, essentially it is just made of cardboard, which you can sort of see in the pictures dents really easily! This makes it look grubby and old and I like to keep things look new for as long as possible.

Colours from left to right, Top Row : Bare, Kitten, Bliss, Sunset, Sandstone. Bottom Row: Champagne, Gilded Gold, Luster, Night sky, Ebony

I actually LOVE these shades out of the ten there are four matte shades and six shimmery shades. I do generally prefer matte shades as I find them easier to wear everyday for work and uni. However I am still loving the shimmer shades within this palette as I think these are wearable without looking too much for during the day.  My favourite shades are: Kitten, Bliss and Sandstone.  The only shade that I don’t think that I will wear as much, if at all is: Night Sky, and this is only because this colour is like a grey/blue and it's not a colour I can imagine me ever wearing.  


 
So not only do you get all of these beautiful eye shadows you all get a full sized smudgestick in Damsel which is a nice black/brown shade.  I don’t normally stray from black eyeliner however I think that I could warm to this shade and make it work.
This palette also comes with a handy little look book showing you some easy ways to use the eye shadows to create some easy to wear looks.  

Final thoughts: While I’m not over the moon with the packaging on this the product inside well but makes up for this. The shades are gorgeous, pigmented and very wearable.  
Speak Soon,
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment

© All That Glitters. Powered by